Rumpus CE Terms of Service v1.1.0
In addition to the Definitions found in the general Terms of Service, these Terms include the following definitions:
- Rumpus: The suite of services, including the full Rumpus API, Rumpus CE, and the Bscotch websites, that collectively make up the web technology powering Butterscotch services and games.
- Rumpus CE: The subset of Rumpus Services specifically for community use and covered by these Terms.
- Documentation: Descriptions and explanations of Rumpus CE and its functionality.
- Delegation Key: (Defined in the general Terms of Service)
Changes to these Terms
We may change these Terms or other Policies at any time. Below is the history of changes and corresponding Terms Versions.
- Version 1.1.0 (June 15, 2019). Removed requirement that all requests use Delegation Keys.
- Version 1.0.0 (June 7, 2019). Created these Terms in preparation for the launch of Rumpus CE.
We will provide notice when we change the Terms and Policies, using all of the following methods:
- A blog post on our website.
- An email sent to subscribers of our Rumpus CE Newsletter.
- Changes to the following Rumpus CE response headers with the new version numbers:
Version-Terms-RCE: The current version of these Terms.
Version-Terms: The current version of the general Terms of Service.
Any changes will go into effect immediately upon your use of Rumpus CE following such notice. If such changes cause your use case to be in violation you must make any changes necessary to ensure that your use is no longer in violation.
We provide no warranties or guarantees as to the availability and Documentation of Rumpus CE. We reserve the right to change, add, or remove Rumpus CE’s functionality, at any time and without notice. By using Rumpus CE you acknowledge that certain Documentation may contain errors and/or may be out of date.
We reserve the right to, for any reason and without warning or notice, suspend or ban any user, group, company, IP address, service, or any other entity from using Rumpus CE.
Commercial Use and Limitation of Liability.
You acknowledge and agree that if you use Rumpus CE for commercial purposes you do so with the knowledge that we provide no guarantees or warranties around the functionality of Rumpus CE and that the usage limits we've put in place might conflict with your commercial needs. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Bscotch, its owners, officers, employees, agents, or assigns, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary, or special damages, including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data, profits, or goodwill arising out of or in any way related to the use, performance, inability to use or perform, or the failure to provide Rumpus CE functionality. You hereby acknowledge and agree that your sole remedies for any of the foregoing will be limited to discontinuing your use of the Rumpus Services or the correction or replacement of the underlying software.
We do not offer individualized support for Rumpus CE use, however you may report a problem with the Rumpus Services via the following links:
- You may only use Rumpus functionality that is explicitly described in the Rumpus CE official Documentation at the URL bscotch.net/api/docs/community-edition and the web pages linked from there. Any additional functionality is exclusively reserved for official Butterscotch Shenanigans applications, sites, and services. Leave a feature request if the feature you want to use is not a documented part of Rumpus CE!
- You may only use the Rumpus CE for purposes for which it is intended, specifically the development of tools, applications, or programs that interact with the Rumpus API, Levelhead, and other Bscotch properties. You may not use the Rumpus Services for any of the following:
- Storing or managing data for your own games, apps, or services; and
- Sublicensing the use of the Rumpus CE to a third party.
- You must not make any efforts to circumvent rate limits or security measures. You must not create multiple Delegation Keys, or use multiple Delegation Keys from other users, nor make requests from mulitple IP addresses, specifically to get around rate limits.
- If you collect Delegation Keys to use on behalf of other users:
- You must explicitly tell those users how you will be using their Delegation Keys.
- You must ask users to provide only the permissions that you need for the functionality you informed the user that you would be providing.
- You must take reasonable security precautions to keep Delegation Keys private.
- You must not make Delegation Keys available to other users or services without explicit permission from the original user.
- You must include the Rumpus CE logo (or text similar to "Powered by Rumpus CE"), hyperlinked to bscotch.net/rumpus-ce, in or near the same form that your users use to provide Delegation Keys to your application/service.
- If your use of Rumpus CE is in any way made visible to others (including but not limited to as an application or service you provide, through open source code you publish, or through educational videos/blogs you post), you must include the Rumpus CE logo (or text similar to "Powered by Rumpus CE"), hyperlinked to bscotch.net/rumpus-ce. The hyperlinked logo (or text) must be placed in a clear and distinct location that allows your viewers/users to easily see the same whenever they see functionality that makes use of Rumpus CE.
- You must not use the regular Rumpus Logos (i.e. the blue ones). Those are reserved for official Butterscotch Shenanigans apps, sites, and services.
- You must not imply that Butterscotch Shenanigans created or endorses your use of Rumpus CE.
- You acknowledge that if you provide your Delegation Key to another user, you do so at your own risk and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you expressly waive any claim you may have against Bscotch, its owners, officers, employees, agents, or assigns for any illegal, inappropriate, or other misuses of your Delegation Key.
Rumpus CE Logos
Subject to the terms and conditions contained herein, Bscotch hereby grants you a non-exclusive, revocable right to reproduce the following Rumpus CE logos (“Approved Logos”) . You can obtain different sizes of the Approved Logos from our servers by changing the
/fit-in/WIDTHxHEIGHT/ part of the URL to whatever bounding box you please. You may link directly to our servers -- in that case fetch the image at exactly the size you need it (to save bandwidth for everyone!). You hereby acknowledge and agree that you may not change the color of any Approve Logos, without Bscotch authorization.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that your rights to reproduce, adapt, distribute, display, perform, or otherwise use any Bscotch logos are limited to those contained herein and that nothing in these Terms or in any other Policies may be construed so as to confer any additional ownership rights, title, or interest to or in any of the Approved Logos. Bscotch may revoke these rights at any time with or without cause and any rights granted herein will terminate immediately upon the occurrence of any of the following:
- Your breach of any of the terms, covenants, or conditions contained in these Terms or any of the Policies; and
- The termination of the Rumpus Services.